Now firmly established as one of the best holiday destinations, Phuket in Thailand is a great place to take a break; its main attractions are its stunning white sandy beaches and cool blue seas. But what else has the island to offer? Phuket is Thailand’s largest island and is well stocked with a wide variety of different activities, attractions, and day trips to keep even the busiest holidaymakers happy. This short article will give you ten of the most well-known attractions that are easily accessible, whether you are staying in one of Phuket’s luxury beachside resorts or in one of the excellent accommodations further inland.
- Take a boat trip – many boats leave Phuket daily for various destinations like the famous Phi islands or Phang Nga bay; prices will differ but will normally include lunch.
- The Big Buddha – situated in the south of the island, this iconic forty-five-metre marble statue is Phuket’s biggest attraction but don’t forget it is also a religious site, so dress appropriately.
- Green Elephant Sanctuary – experience the daily life of Thailand’s largest animals in an ethical and natural environment.
- Bang Pae Waterfall – located in the Khao Phra Thaeo national park, is a stunning location best visited in the wet season when pools are full enough to enable a cooling swim.
- Phuket FantaSea – this is a cultural theme that the park mixes entertainment, shopping and dining with light and music shows based on Thai heritage.
- Phuket Aquarium – has many impressive species in its beautifully displayed tanks; take the outside trail and learn about Sea Turtles.
- Visit a Water Park – both the Blue Tree water park near Bang Tao and Splash Jungle in Mai Khao offer slides, zip lines and paddleboards, meaning fun for all the family.
- Tiger Kingdom Phuket – have a memorable dining experience with these majestic jungle cats while enjoying their high-quality restaurant.
- The Sunday Walking Street Market – located in Lard Yai, offers a more sedate activity; it sells everything from street food to trousers.
- White water rafting – for the more adventurous, this white-knuckle ride just outside Phuket town is a popular family activity for children twelve and over.
These are just a small number of the activities the island has to offer, Horse Riding, Go Carting and excursions into the rainforest are just three more of the vast range available to keep you busy.
No matter what you choose to do, Phuket is sure to deliver a holiday you will never forget.